Umpire – Sri Lanka Cricket Government Jobs
Closing Date: 2022-09-11
|WANT TO BECOME AN UMPIRE AT SRILANKA CRICKET?
Sri Lanka Cricket has embarked on a campaign to recruit umpires to enhance its umpiring panels in order to have adequate numbers to officiate the tournaments run by SLC and also to backfill the openings created by the retirement of some of the senior umpires.
1. Have Passed GCE Ordinary level Examination with a minimum of 6 subjects at one sitting including Mathematics and English.
2. Below 40 years of age as at 31st Dec 2022.
3. Good knowledge of the MCC law & ICC playing conditions
4. Have a very good command of comprehension / written /spoken English.
5. Able to handle pressure and physically fit to stand for long periods.
6. Have fair knowledge of IT skills (eg: Word / XL/ Powerpoint / email)
7. Be willing to Travel outstation on assignments.
8. Having played cricket at school or club level will be an added advantage
Please send in your applications on or before the 11th of September 2022, indicating your preferred province, addressed to,
The short listed candidates will be called for an examination on MCC law, and an interview thereafter prior to recruitment.
Source: Sunday Observer (2022-08-28)