Technical Superintendent – Ceylon Shipping Corporation Ltd – Government Jobs In Sri Lanka
Closing Date 2022-06-07
|CEYLON SHIPPING CORPORATION LTD
(Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Aviation
Applications are invited to recruit a suitable candidate holding citizenship of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and possessing the relevant qualifications and experience for the following post.
POST OF TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT – CONTRACT BASIS (01 VACANCY)
Qualifications: Having obtained the Chief Engineer Proficiency Certificate
issued by a State Shipping Administration Agency of Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, China, India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa or Ireland or of any other country which has entered into bilateral agreements with Sri Lanka regarding the acceptance of the relevant certificates.
Minimum of 02 years experience as a Chief Engineer in seafaring merchant ship with a main engine capacity of more than 3,000 kilowatts.
Minimum one-year post qualification experience in a Shipyard or in a shipping company with regard to repair management.
Salary: Monthly Allowance of Rs. 437,500/-
In addition, a monthly vehicle and fuel allowance will be paid as approved by the Government.
Age Limit: Above 35 years.
Method of Recruitment: A Structured Interview by a panel appointed by the Appointing Authority.
• Implement procedures laid out in the Company Safety and Quality manuals and other instructions as issued by management
• Closely monitor and ensure compliance with statutory and class requirements for assigned vessels.
• Manage the performance and condition of assigned vessels in conjunction with the onboard management team to ensure that quality requirements are being fully met.
• Conduct bi-annual vessel inspections and follow up as necessary on inspection report deficiencies, observations from internal reports and relevant department reports.
• Monitor vessels’ routine maintenance through the Planned Maintenance system and ensure work and records are up to date.
• Identify areas for improvements and modifications and make recommendations for the efficient operation of the vessels.
• Arrange for all spares, repairs modifications and services to comply with statutory requirements and company standards.
• Plan and attend dry-docking and supervise repairs and modifications to assigned vessels.
• Work with ship board management team to ensure all third parties engaged in repair /modification activities onboard assigned vessels comply with company policy with regard to health, safety and the protection of the environment.
• Closely monitor Guarantee Defects and ensure repairs are closed out.
• Develop, monitor and control running cost budgets.
• Actively participate in the development of the quality management system and engage in the process for the continuous improvement of departmental procedures.
• Assist investigations as part of the incident investigations team.
1. Contribution to E.P.F/ E.T.F. – by the Corporation
2. Surgical & Hospitalization Insurance Cover for indoor and outdoor treatments
3. Comprehensive Personal Accident Insurance Cover
4. Reimbursement of Communication expenses
• All Applications together with Copies of Educational / Professional certificates, certified by the applicant as true copies together with a Birth certificate, other relevant certificates and addresses of two non-related referees should be forwarded by registered post to reach the Chairman – CSCL or email to [email protected] /[email protected] within 10 days of this advertisement.
• Please indicate the post applied on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
• Applications from employees of Public Sector Organizations should be forwarded through the respective Heads of Institutions.
• Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Please note that applicants will be evaluated at a Structured Interview by a panel appointed by the appointing authority.
Non-conformity with the above requirements will result in the application being rejected. Canvassing of any form will be a disqualification.
Ceylon Shipping Corporation Ltd., No: 27, MICH Building,
Sir Razik Fareed Mawatha (Bristol Street), Colombo 01.
Source: Sunday Observer (2022-05-29)