THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERS, SRI LANKA
POST OF DIRECTOR, ACCREDITATION – Government Jobs In Sri Lanka
Closing Date 2022-06-15
|THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERS, SRI LANKA
POST OF DIRECTOR, ACCREDITATION
The Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka (IESL) is a signatory to International Accords and it accredits engineering degree programs conducted by local Universities and other Higher Education Institutions.
1. Four year full time degree in Engineering recognized by the IESL.
2. Corporate Membership of IESL.
3. Having a post graduate qualification acceptable to IESL will be an added advantage
4. 10 Years post-qualifying experience after the First Degree
5. Applicant should be less than 55 years of age at the time of closure of the application.
6. Applicant should have adequate experience and proven track record in handling activities similar to accreditation.
1. Assisting the Universities in preparing their documentation to be submitted to the IESL when they seek accreditation of engineering degree programmes offered by them.
2. Organizing Accreditation Teams, convening meetings and visits to the educational institutions.
3. Taking part in accreditation visits, guiding the members of the Evaluation panels in such visits and preparing the report of the Evaluation Panel.
4. Assisting the Universities in developing the curricula of their engineering degree programmes to meet the standards stipulated in IESL Accreditation Manuals.
5. Assisting the Universities to implement the recommendations made by the Evaluation Panels after their accreditation visits and monitoring the progress of such implementation.
6. Organizing training programmes to university academics and Evaluation Panel members so that they arc up to date on the requirements set out in the IESL Accreditation Manuals.
7. Working in close collaboration with the Chairman of Board of Accreditation of the IESL and submitting relevant reports regularly.
The appointment will be on contract basis and the salary will be negotiable.
Applications with full bio-data and names and addresses of two non-related referees should be postcd/cmailcd to reach the Chief Executive Officcr/Exccutivc Secretary, The Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka on or before 15th June 2022. All applications should be accompanied by copies of certificates on education and experience.
Chief Executive Officer/Executive Secretary The Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka 120/15, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 7.
Source:Sunday Observer (2022-05-29)