Closing Date: 2023-01-29
|Department of Bioprocess Technology Faculty of Technology Rajarata University of Sri Lanka
Vacancy for Research Assistant in Fungal Biotechnology
About the project:
The Department of Bioprocess Technology of the Faculty of Technology, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka will be conducting research in Fungal Biotechnology, in collaboration with the Department of Plant Sciences, University of Colombo. The project is funded by the ADB and six research assistant positions are currently available for immediate recruitment. The project involves identifying, characterizing, and domestication (wild mushrooms) of commercially important fungal species in Agriculture, Industry, and Pharmaceuticals.
• Training on High-Tec instruments (qRT-PCR, Digital PCR, UPLC, Bioreactor, downstream processing techniques, NGS (Illumina), microscopy techniques including fluorescence, phase contrast and SEM)
• Training on mushroom photography
• Training on journal article writing
• Publishing in high impact factor journals
• Maintaining quality standards to preserve the integrity of data and findings.
• Conducting research and summarizing findings.
• Attending field work and project meetings
• Preparing progress reports and maintaining records.
• Meeting deadlines
• BSc or MSc in Biology/Applied Biology/Microbiology/Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology or related discipline (preference will be given to the candidates with hands on microbiology experience, excellent communication skills, and experimental design and statistical analysis).
Monthly salary: 50,000 LKR
Work location: Rajarata University and University of Colombo
How to apply:
Please send your CV to Dr. T.C. Bamunuarachchige (principal investigator) firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29/01/2023
Source: Source : www.rjt.ac.lk